After a 3 month hiatus and many pounds/inches gained, I'm back to running. Mainly thanks to 1) a honeymoon (finally, after 10 years!) cruise looming in March, and 2) a supportive hubby, Matt.
I'm not happy about my weight gain. Actually, I'm not happy about last running "season" either. In short, there were a lot of other emotional stresses going on in my life, and I turned to food for comfort. So my running suffered. And my waist line suffered as well.
All of this ended on January 4, 2010. It was on that Monday that I stopped binge eating, started journaling what and how much I'm eating, and started working out again. Three weeks in, I'm feeling pretty good and staying on track. I'm running only up to 2 miles right now, so that the running boosts my weight loss.
This year does not hold a marathon for me. But I hope to run a half marathon or two, as well as some other races.
Mainly, I will continue this adventure in running because I learn a lot about myself through this process. Last year I lost sight of that. This year my goal is to be healthier, inside and out. No more relationships with food. Hopefully, I'll stop my self-depreciating talk as well. I know Matt would be happy about that. I'm a work-in-progress. But I've learned that life isn't going to start "when I lose the weight". Life is happening right now. And if I'm not conscious of that, I'm going to miss out on it altogether.
That's enough pontificating from me. Thanks for listening.
1 comment:
Good for you Juls! I'm so proud of you! Keep up the positive thinking, enjoy every moment, know you are wonderful. I heart you!
Hugs!
Post a Comment