Wednesday

August 17, 2011 - 5 miles

Aaaaaaand my quads hate me. Especially my right quad.


Nothing better than running, or trying to run 5 miles the day after a stair workout. I felt as if I was dragging a lifeless limb behind me. To sum up, this run was miserable. Here are the highlights (I'm using that term loosely...)


  • Major muscle groups will go on strike

  • Hydration belts are cool, dehydration is not
    I did not run with my hydration belt today, and I paid for it. It was humid. I also did not stop at the half-ish way mark and get water at the library. Dumb move

  • I thought about stopping in at the psychic, mainly for the air conditioning. I'm pretty sure as soon as a walked through the door, the psychic would take one look at me and say "Your quad hates you", and I already know this

  • When running with a limp, there's no need to worry about an unleashed German shepherd (who answers to "Dog"). I thought he may be territorial, but he was coming over to see if I was dying

  • A half finished Gatorade, abandoned in the middle of the sidewalk with 1.5 miles remaining of a humid, dehydrated run, is just cruel

  • Despite everything wrong with the run, it still felt good to finish


No comments: