It's not always sunshine and niceness. Sometimes there are situations I can't really avoid, opinions I can't change, negative comments that ring in my ears. And it stinks, even hurts a little. So how do I move past it?...I choose Awesome.
Choosing Awesome is not always an easy task. Like deciding to run or workout every day, it can be a deliberate, conscious choice. Some days it's easy to lace up the running shoes to pound the pavement, some days it necessitates an encouraging word from a friend. And other days it takes the kick-in-the-pants order of "Go for your run. Now."
When external forces hinder my spirit, I'm thankful to have little reminders of the awesomeness in my life.
Awesome is a present wrapped with the "brightest pink bow" because even the little details are worth paying attention to.
Awesome is a gift of a bracelet handmade by women in third-world countries because supporting women is important. The beads are made by rolling strips of magazines. No two bracelets are alike, reminding me that I am equally as unique.
Awesome is my must-wear running accessory. My "medal" given to me after my first marathon. It has an inscription on the other side that I think of often during a tough run or a tough day.
Awesome is running with a tail wind, making me feel fast.
Awesome is running with a head wind, making me feel strong.
Awesome is even less than awesome days and the reminder to be kind to (and about) the people I encounter. Because life's too short not to be kind and caring.
Awesome is different for different people. What you find awesome may be different than what's awesome for me. But everyone has something. Whatever it is, it is something that builds others, and yourself, up. Awesome does not tear down.
Go find what's awesome in your life. As you do, be kind. Be caring. Be generous.
And, of course...
Be Awesome.




No comments:
Post a Comment