Sunday

Why spend money on weights?

I had a successful 14-mile run yesterday. I am definitely a cooler-weather runner. I think I will definitely move to the UP now. Pine trees, Northern lights, fantastic accents...ahhh, perfect. Just need to run some hills to prepare. 

Anywho, I ran loops at Busse Woods so I could refill my handheld water bottle. My friction burn is still healing and I didn't want to wear my fuel belt. The trail was packed. CARA had a group finishing up when I was starting, plus the day was beautiful so a lot of people were out walking, running, biking, rollerblading, fishing, etc. In one of the picnic groves there was an authentic Pow Wow taking place. That parking lot was packed with cars, trucks, and campers. I even saw a sign that said "Welcome Stanley Cup!"

Overall my run went well. I averaged a slower pace than I wanted but it was probably on par with what I should be running. My KT tape didn't stay on though. I need to watch the instruction video again to see what I'm doing wrong. Fortunately I had a planned water stop at the car and had remembered to bring my knee straps. I added those to both knees for the last 6 miles. I am worried about how my knees will hold up for the marathon. 

By far my favorite sight during my run was a man running ahead of me who stopped to do squats while lifting one end of the picnic table! Who needs an expensive weight set when there are picnic tables sitting around? Plus it gives a certain badass suburban running trail cred. And no, I didn't try it. I don't need a hernia. 

No comments: