Thursday

Thursday Morning Run

Last night I decided that I would get up early and run before work. And guess what?! I actually accomplished that goal! I started running about 5:40 a.m....a.m.!!! I decided to run 5 miles, since I wussed out on Tuesday and only accomplished 3 miles. I also decided to lock the door since my family was sleeping and run with a key and my phone...because I'm paranoid. And I didn't run with Matt's Ipod. Also a conscious decision and fortunately one I did not regret. It was relatively a quiet run. There were cars out of course but no where near the traffic I see when I run in the evenings. It was nice. I was passed by one woman running. That annoyed me but I guess that's bound to happen. I also passed by a man running and a woman walking. I like passing people who are also exercising. It's like an instant bond with them. And they're usually so friendly too. Although I do live in Mt. Prospect, "where friendliness is a way of life"...I kid you not...that's the town's motto. Anyhoo, I also passed two cops sitting on a crate and clocking cars. Good times, good times. All-in-all, running in the morning was a much better option for me. It was still 80% humidity (according to the morning news) but the temp was about 76F so much more enjoyable.

I finished 5 miles in 59:02

1 comment:

Bethie said...

Great time!

Don't let people passing you get you discouraged! It's all part of the run. I wish I could get my butt out of bed to do the runs that early. Unless, I'm meeting someone, 7 is about the earliest I can motivate myself to roll my carcus out on the running trail.

ps--you're town's motto is a little creepy. Almost "Stepford" in a way...