Saturday

August 2, 2008 - 13 miles

I did it! I ran 13 miles! And I learned the benefit of running with a group. I joined Bethie's running group and ran along the lakefront. The weather was gorgeous and there was a good breeze. A couple of running observations. 1. I didn't realize it was kosher to stop for drinking. I had been at home but not as much as we did on our 13 miles. From now on I will not feel as bad about stopping for water breaks more often. 2. There are a lot of people running, walking and biking on the lakefront. I'm not good with group running rules because I'm so used to running on my own. 3. Pacing with other people ROCKS! I don't think I'll be able to join every Saturday but hopefully for a few. It really does depend on our family's schedule. It's not just my commitment to running, it's also Matt's. He's the reason I'm able to dedicate this much time to training. He's pretty awesome. So anyhoo, I'm sore. My knee started yelling at me about halfway through the run. But I finished. I felt strong. And I feel ready for the Chicago Distance Classic which is IN A WEEK!!!! I'm excited. I iced my knee several times yesterday and I will probably do some more tonight. My legs are hurting for sure. So I'll stretch tonight and am definitely looking forward to some easy runs this week.

According to Bethie, we ran our 13 miles in 2 hours 37 minutes.

No comments: