Thursday

August 21, 2008 - 4 mile run

The third day of my midweek runs also seems to be the hardest (mentally). Maybe because it's the third day in a row getting up around 4:30 a.m. Maybe it's because I had a dream that all my coworkers walked faster than I run and were asking "so...when are you going to start running?". Maybe because it's the final run of three mornings in a row. Maybe I'm just a whiner. I guess, if I really break it down, the run itself was okay. But I didn't feel that way until after already going 3.5 miles. Naturally motivation does increase when there's only a half mile remaining. I will try to focus on the positive sides like: I did not die, I was not abducted by aliens, I did not get lost, I did not spontaneously burst into flames, etc., etc., etc.

Total time to run 4 miles - 47:39

Total time to register for IN marathon at discounted rate - 10 days

No comments: