Thursday

October 23, 2008 - 2 mile run

I finally made it out for my first run after the marathon. I had planned to run yesterday morning but overslept. Then I decided to run on my treadmill but that involved moving toys and not falling asleep watching SNL skits online. So I set multiple alarms and ran this morning. I decided to run outside because, let's face it, running on the treadmill can be boring and I will have to resort to that sometimes during the winter. Why start now? Anywho, the run went pretty well. I finished 2 miles in 24:01.35 I feel I have recovered nicely from the marathon. Ironically, better than I did for the 20 miler. My right hip was tight but my hips are always tight. The biggest issue is my left foot/arch is still quite sore. I'm worried about developing a heel spur (if I haven't already). So I'm not sure what to do. Whether to go to a podiatrist now or wait and see. Honestly, I'm worried an M.D. will tell me to stop running and that's not an option in my mind. Right now, I'm behaving like my grandmother did and thinking if I ignore it and not go, then there isn't a problem. Mind over matter, right?

Hmmm...

On the off-chance that this method doesn't work, how sore is sore enough to go to the doctor? I mean, it is improving...

No comments: