Thursday

January 8, 2009 - 1 mile + pilates

My 12 minute mile kicked my butt today. I don't know if it was lack of a true supper (just had a little of this, some of that), the late hour, the two month hiatus, or a combination of everything. Whatever it was, my hips were tight and I was wandering all over the tread. Ah well, at least I did the mile. Then I completed my second day of the 20 minute Windsor pilates. I don't know why Mari Windsor hates me so much. But she does. The DVD proves it. Plus, I've done it twice! Why don't I look like the people on the video?!?!? I'm much more rollie-pollie and it makes me sad. Curse my flabbiness!!! Curse that it's so easy (and fun) to put on weight and so magnanimously difficult to lose it!!!! CURSES!!!!!
I guess, pilates is not a habit yet. Supposedly it takes ~million years to make it a habit (give or take) so I've got a while to go. Now if I could just stop thinking I'll end up looking like the people on the video....well...except for the man...I'd better not end up looking like a man! Yikes!

2 comments:

Bethie said...

Wow...I'm really not the only one who curses out the tv when she does pilates!!

Thanks for reminding me I'm "normal". :)

Bethie said...

p.s. you really need to become my pilates nazi so that I actually do them. Generally, I look at the DVD, think about it, and put it back on the shelf in favor of the couch.

I've really gotta stop doing that.