Saturday

August 15, 2009 - 14.17 miles

Wow. It was hot and humid. I'm glad I thought to bring cash because I was tearing through my flasks. I stopped at 7-Eleven for water. I think the run went well especially considering the heat/humidity. I had frequent stops for drinkage but I needed it. And I was thankful for the wind and the shade! The sun was killer.
I run with my iPod so I really can't hear what people say/yell/whatever. I think some old guy lowered his shades and said "hi hot stuff". At least that's what I'm telling people. Maybe I should leave the "old" part out...hmm. Anyway, there were also two other times where a guy yelled something...from a moving car. As if, with said iPod, I'm going to hear them as they're driving by me. So I made things up, like "way to go!", "I'm impressed you're running on a hot day", "You're an inspiration!", you know, stuff like that.
I finished with a total of 14.17 miles in 2:56:20

No comments: