It's spring, which means the weather is uber unpredictable. Okay, that's not entirely true. It must be somewhat predictable based on jet streams and high or low pressure systems and whatnot or else weathermen/women would be out of work. Perhaps the more accurate statement is that it is constantly changing. It seems to be on the up and up though...save for 4-5 days of rain.
At any rate, I am trying to make a better effort in getting outside to run. Although I like my treadmill and appreciate the convenience, outside is definitely more interesting.
My running has been sporadic the last 3-4 weeks. I had been so good, so disciplined, but then we were going on a cruise (torture, I know) and the week before I only got three days in because of packing and cleaning and a sick kid. The week of the cruise I ran one day. I aimed for two, but it is rather difficult for me to run on a treadmill, on a moving ship, in the ocean. Seriously, if I fall off of a treadmill on DRY LAND, imagine my lack of coordination in the ocean. The week after returning I did three days. Two with one mile each and one with 3 miles (with Bethie! I so ♥ my running buddy!). This week is getting better. I did one mile (lame, I know) on Monday and Tuesday. Then 3 miles (outside) on Thursday in 40 degree weather, and 3 miles today (outside) in 70 degree weather. I've noticed that my legs are awesome. They just go, and actually a little "faster" than last year, which is encouraging. My lungs, however, are having a little bit of a harder time.
What I'm frustrated about, is that I haven't been lifting or doing pilates. I really want to get back to pilates soon, before I feel like I'm back at ground zero. I'm thinking that I'll change up my schedule. I'm pretty close to my "training season", so I want to switch to 4 days running and doing pilates on non-running days.
I still need to pick my races too. It's hard to decide and, for me, cost is a factor. We'll see.
Here's hoping the rain stays away for a little while. I do enjoy running outside again. I'll just have to make sure I pack a variety of running clothes because the temperature sure can vary.
No comments:
Post a Comment