Tuesday

June 15, 2010 - New plan

After the fun of the triathlon relay, I went home and talked to Matt about the possibility of doing my own triathlon. But, honestly, the thought of the swim, intimidates me. Then Tina informed me that an area triathlon has a duathlon. Right away, Matt got to work ordering my slicks for my Specialized Stumpjumper. (I love my bike, and while a road bike is better for racing, I'm not investing in one...just yet.) He also ordered me a new suspension fork...the seal was broken on mine...which required new brakes... V-brakes instead of Y-brakes...
Beth graciously accompanied me on a 14-mile "exploratory" ride last Sunday morning. The 7 miles out I maintained an easier 10 mph pace. The way back, since I had gas left in my legs, I was closer to a 14 mph pace. Unfortunately, I was on Matt's nobby semi-slicks because my tube on my rear wheel was faulty and therefore flat, with no extra tube. But he has it all fixed now! :)
SO! The registration for my first duathlon is in the mail! It's July 11th, and a 15 mile bike ride sandwiched between two 5K runs. Should be interesting! :)

No comments: