1,200 stairs up
1,200 stairs down
Matt played basketball tonight. I wanted to run, but didn't want to run on the treadmill. So I came up with the brilliant idea to walk up and down my basement steps. Because I have no shame, I solicited for my children's help.
"I'm going to walk the basement steps for 30 minutes tonight. Isabelle, you can count how many times I go up and down. William, you can watch the clock for me, okay?" [big smile]
Isabelle seemed pretty into the idea. "Let's see if you can go a hundred times!" she responded.
Excellent. I instructed her to count one up and one down as one cycle. I would do that one hundred times. William decided he would just watch and cheer me on. As I said, I have no shame. What's the point of having kids if you can't use them as your cheerleaders?!
10 laps in and I already wanted to stop. This is where my shameless act of creating a fan club backfired.
"I think I'll stop after 10 minutes," I huffed.
"No. You can do the 100. Just stop at the 100, even if it's not 30 minutes," Isabelle said matter-of-factly.
"Okay," I puffed, dejected.
William contently settled into his spectating with a chorus of "growing, Growing, GROWING. SHRINKING, Shrinking, shrinking..." as I went up and down the steps.
In the end, I completed 100 laps. It took 26 minutes. My quads were trembling and I'm fairly certain the treadmill was mocking me.
1 comment:
That is awesome! Go you!
Post a Comment