Friday

No more excuses!

I have a lot of excuses. I'm great at making excuses. Main excuse this summer?... Too Hot! It's been super hot and that has been my excuse for slacking. It's not a good reason, especially since I have a treadmill... And Leandro (Brazil Butt Lift guy)... And a Y membership... Sheesh. I'm sounding pretty lame right now.
Another excuse... the Olympics! I like to watch the Olympics. Nothing like watching a bunch of super fit people compete while I sit on my rear and eat snacks.

Anywho...no more excuses. I have (yet again) cycled back round to little activity. This is a dangerous place to be given how much I enjoy eating. So I have enlisted the help of my running buddy. Since I struggle with commitment, I like to have my accountability partner, who has been dedicated to me for the last two days. Yes, I said two days, and for the record I only ran one of those days. (guilt!) I've also received some homework to do as I look forward to this 3-day weekend.

  1. Make some goals:
    Such as buying new clothes or making a contest for myself, e.g. killer abs or weight loss. Honestly, the struggle I'm having with goals right now is that I have too many. And some of them may be a little out of reach. For example, I would like to look like Megan Fox. That might be a tad unattainable. I may have to settle for a slightly less fluffy version of SuperJulia. Body-wise, I'm not 100% sure what my goals are. I tend to think that the better short-term goals for me are races. The Hot Chocolate 15K is November 4th. The goodie bag includes a technical hoodie sweatshirt. I like hoodie sweatshirts...and chocolate... I have two months...hmm...
  2. Scope out an exercise plan:
    None of the "I feel like walking today" or "I think I'll run" or "I'll skip". Make a plan and stick to it. Obviously, life happens, but it's about stopping the excuses and just getting out there. I've worked like this before. I like programs. I stick to programs.
  3. Cross train
    Plan both cardio and strength training to maximize the effects of exercise. I found this out with Leandro. The mixture of cardio, core, and toning was awesome. And now that I have the aforementioned Y membership, I have good access to weight machines. And my little man has swim lessons starting on Wednesday. Excellent.
  4. Eat proteins, fruits, and vegetables. Low carbs:
    I almost lost it when I was told, "I pretty much think potatoes and cheese are evil." BLAS-PHE-MY!!! I have not met a potato I didn't like. And cheese...oh that creamy, sweet goodness! But certainly my yummy homemade dinner rolls were listed under 'good carbs'. Hey, I figure if I'm happy eating them, that must me they're good for the health of those around me, right? Right?? :)
    I do get the point though, and it's one I try to live by. Portions and limit the foods that are not good for your body. (She typed after finishing her little man's fries...I only said I tried, not that I succeeded)
  5. Journal or log the exercise:
    Perfect! I already have this blog. Why not continue to go public with my adventures?!
  6. Take a before and after picture:
    "But don't post it on your blog." Thanks. Clearly, my before picture will be hideous. At least that's how this mind interprets that qualifier. :-| 

So here's to continuing the adventures! And now to plan...

No comments: