Thursday

Rainy Run

It was a beautiful day. Yesterday was rainy and cold, but today boasted sunshine and warmer weather. I had skipped my Wednesday workout after a long day at work. Today I was itching to run. However, by the time I laced up my running shoes, it was raining. I only had 3 miles, but I did not want to run on my treadmill. So a rainy run it was. The benefit of a rainy run is the increased feeling of bad-ass awesomeness. On a nice day, a lot of people venture out for a run. The neighborhood is alive with activity. When it's dreary, far fewer people are out. But I maintain that a run in the steady rain is good for the soul. Dodging raindrops and jumping over (or in) puddles can lift the spirits. Or maybe that's more a result of the bragging rights to the people who chose to stay indoors... ;)

No comments: