Monday

Last Run of 2012

This morning I woke up, put on lots of layers, and headed out for my final run of 2012. Lately, I have been opting not to time my runs, but I did use run keeper so I would know my distance. It was nice to have a "wandering" run, to not have a predetermined route. The time was slower than I wanted, but the run itself felt good. I ended up running 3.5 miles, a nice distance with which to end the year.

In a lot of ways, the last day of a calendar year is just like any other day. There are routine tasks that still need to be done. Children to feed, grocery shopping that is waiting, and laundry to be ignored. I know most people use this time to look at the year past and seen what it brought them, as well as as to look to the new year as a new start. New goals to make, new resolutions and opportunities. Certainly 2013 holds those for me as well, but I am happy that my resolutions of years past have stuck. Sure, I want to continually improve in my running. I have new adventures to which I'm looking forward. But overall I'm happy to continue in this running journey already carved out. It's the adventure I don't worry about not achieving because it is so much a part of my daily life. Do I have a resolution for 2013? Not really. Hopes? Goals? Adventures planned? Absolutely. Just like any other day of the year. 😊

Happy 2013 Friends!

And, as always, Happy Running!

No comments: