Tuesday

Field of Dreams

It was a long time coming, but Spring has finally arrived. In an attempt to escape the suburban backdrop, I've taken to running at the many and various forest preserves in the area. For awhile, the trees were bare and the ground, brown. But suddenly, Spring. New, light green leaves have decorated branches. Not yet able to block the sun, the trees are surrounded by a flowering forest floor. Spring is a feast for the eyes and the perfect excuse for me to take a rest 4.5 miles into a 6 mile run. Finding a clearing in the trees, I had the chance to breathe deep, inhaling the gorgeous scent around me. It was the opportunity to quiet my mind and embrace the sunshine and inner happiness. Content in that moment, I enjoyed my field of dreams.

During your next run, take a moment to appreciate your own field of dreams. Just watch out for ticks. ;)

No comments: