I ran an impromptu neighborhood 5K with my 7-year old yesterday evening. He ran the whole thing, only walking to drink water. Of course he bragged about beating me, the little stinker. He was the one said his legs were on fire! And asking me to slow down. :)
Running with my little man was fun. We had a half an hour after registering before the run started so he, knowing his mommy so well, suggested we go to the park to go on the swings. He beat me there as well, circling the universe "infinity x infinity x infinity". I just can't win against the little guy! My favorite, however, was during the run when he was feeling tired and ready to give up, he would take my hand. Then we would run like that for a little while, hand-in-hand. My heart was full.
And isn't that just what we need as we make our journey? Someone next to us, ready to hold our hand when we're tired, encourage us when we feel the road is too long, and be there when we cross the finish line, cheering the whole way. He may have beat me in the race, but I think I'm the one who won.

2 comments:
You BOTH won.
I love this. So amazing. You're a great mama and this post shows it. Much love!!
Post a Comment