It's not about how fast or how far, it's about how running makes you feel.
Thursday
February 5, 2008 - 3 miles
Tonight I wanted to sleep and not run. But I had made Matt promise that he wouldn't let me off the hook and he didn't!! I also have been struggling staying focused on the treadmill. So before I started running, I rigged up the portable car DVD player so I could watch part of a movie. The distraction worked and I successfully ran 3 miles (36:00)! I was sweating, thirsty (hooray for water)!, hungry (hooray for oranges!), and happy at the end. I feel like the 3-miler was staring me in the face and taunting me. Of course, now I'm even more anxious to run outside. But at least I know it will work to use the DVD player for a happy distraction in the mean time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment