Tuesday

Snap, Crackle, Pop

No sooner do I decide to run another marathon (or two!) then my knee starts bothering me again. I have pain and popping when walking. In my professional, medical opinion...I'm not a doctor, but I have Internet access...the reason my knee bothers me is because I pronate when I run, especially on my right foot. As a result, my IT band gets tight which leads to pain in my knee. To mitigate this I wear running shoes with high stability support. My current shoe of choice is the Mizuno Wave Nirvana 8. I 💙 these shoes! However, as much as the shoes have helped a lot (seriously, I'm enamored with them), my return to 5-6 days of exercise a week has led to a sore knee. Commence use of KT Tape! I also 💙 KT Tape. I first used KT Tape this past fall when my knee was last bothering me. I feel the tape works better than knee straps. Plus, there are instructional videos online that detail how to apply the tape depending on the pain area. After using the tape, combined with the shoes, for a couple weeks I was able to run without it, until recently. It could be the influx of activity or that the shoes need to be replaced since they are 6 months old (new ones are on the way!). I'll run with the tape for a little while then switch shoes if needed. I'm even opting to wear the tape during the day too, it helps that! much! In case you couldn't tell, I highly recommend KT Tape. Sure it's been endorsed by professional athletes before this blog, but now that SuperJulia has recommended it... sales are sure to skyrocket! 😉

No comments: