Tuesday

Day 8: 1 minute 10 seconds

I hadn't even put the car in park today after arriving home when I heard, "Mommy, we could run today!" That's right, my Trusty Sidekick AKA Little Man was at it again. Last summer he ran a 5K with me. This year he wants to run it again, but I want him to be better prepared. So I begrudgingly changed my clothes to take him outside for a run. Together we ran 0.54 miles at a 10:54 pace. Not too shabby. He was talking the whole time, so I think he could handle a faster pace. After dropping him off, I went out for a solo 4-mile run. Oh my goodness, was I ever slow. Geez, apparently going from only running once a week to running 4, 3, Leandro leg workout, and another 4 in 4 days makes for very tired legs. I trudged through, reminding myself that each workout makes me stronger. Then I completed a 1 minute 10 second plank, trying to focus on supporting with my abs, or as I call them, my flabs. Baby steps.

Someone remind me that with dedication, it will get easier...

No comments: