That's right, loyal reader! I have something to write about. Again! Woohoo! I know what you're thinking...what wonderful running tip do you have for me today, SuperJuls? And here it is!
You have to run.
I must admit, this advice is not original to me, rather it was said to me by Mr. Man. And chances are he said it because I had unlocked my iPad so he could watch Netflix while I ran on the treadmill. Despite that, my little guy had a good point. I had to run. I'm out of the habit right now. I didn't want to, but I had to. My motivation was low, especially when this is my view on the treadmill:
Not very exciting, is it? But I can manage it for the two miles I ran tonight. Plus, treadmill running is good for building back my base. I figure I'll stick to low miles for now, possibly not even going over two miles for the first two weeks. For once, I'd like to have a running season that doesn't involve injury and a good way to help with that is being patient and consistent to build that solid base. Besides, I can endure the treadmill for a little while longer. I think Spring is only 72 days or so away...
Mr. Man's insistence on watching Netflix...I mean...encouraging me to run also reminded me of one of my favorite aspects of running: "It's not about how fast or how far, it's about how running makes you feel." It's the tag line on my blog and it's a quote from a Runner's World magazine that I had in high school. I even posted it on my wall for eons before my folks moved. I love that with running, whether I run 2 miles or 20, I feel like this after I'm done:
Awkward Selfie!!!! (You're welcome) Point is, I don't regret getting off the couch. I don't regret the run. All these lessons I've already learned yet I find that I have to relearn them. I have to be reminded why running is an important part of my daily life. I have to run.


No comments:
Post a Comment