Monday

September 15, 2008 - 5 mile run

Running is a love/hate relationship. And today I was still only feeling "eh" about it. I'm not sure what it is but I've just been so stinkin' tired and crabby. I've basically switched back to running in the evening which is nice for "sleeping in" but not so great for family time. I've started feeling like the running is taking over my life and resulting in a lot of the parenting responsibilities falling on Matt. But maybe that's not entirely true. Matt was gone all of yesterday and did go to a baseball game last Thursday night. It doesn't help that all the rain we had this past weekend really got to me. I felt as if my spirit was water-logged. Plus there is a lot of flooding (fortunately not in our house) that has resulted in a much increased travel time to and from work. Which ever way you slice it, I was not thrilled about running tonight. But running seemed to be exactly what I needed after all. I guess that's what makes it a love/hate relationship. I finished the 5 miles in 54:11.

1 comment:

Bethie said...

This is the highest milage that you'll have to run, it's completely normal to get crabby this week...it's a 40 mile week!

Good Luck!