This morning I ran 4 miles. I'm switching around my mileage this week in an attempt to give my left knee some recovery. It held up pretty well this morning. My right hip flexor muscle was really tight but it loosened up after 2 miles. I'm been babying my left knee. Icing a lot, even at work, walking downstairs backwards, lots of ibuprofen, and wrapping it. I also didn't push it on my run this morning. While difficult to convince my upper body, lungs and heart that slower was better, I managed to stick to ~12:12 pace, finishing the 4 miles in 48:49.
I just did something stupid though. I had a meeting on the third floor at work. Going upstairs is fine on my knee, downstairs, not-so-much. But I was walking with coworkers and didn't want to go to the elevator on my own nor did I want to walk downstairs like a little kid or backwards. So I limped down regular. And now my left knee is screaming at me again. So much for babying it! Stupid pride! I iced some and have it wrapped for walking around at work. I'm not sure I'll get an 8 miler in this week. I'd rather not push it and have to bail on the marathon. I'll have to see how it goes tomorrow morning. I'm also seriously considering new shoes this week...no money budgeted though...but if new shoes would help my legs feel better it's worth swipping for.
1 comment:
Mr. Serra used to walk down the stairs backwards too! I'm wishing for some new shoes too...my blisters are so bad, I still can't wear anything but flip-flops. If you wanna go shoe shopping, let me know!
Post a Comment