Tuesday

September 9, 2008 - 8 mile run

It's amazing how an overactive imagination can motivate me to run. I ran 8 miles in the evening after it had already started getting dark. About half way through I thought I heard someone angrily yell, "hey lady! I'm talking to you!" right after I crossed the street. Whether or not they were yelling at me, I don't know because I wasn't paying attention and I had my ipod on. But it resulted in enough of a boast of adrenaline to pick up my pace and get over my lack of motivation. I didn't listen to music the rest of the time so I would be prepared to defend myself ninja-style if needed. I relaxed a little bit about 20 minutes later but since I was running two loops (5-miles and 3-miles) that had common routes, I picked it up again when I passed the Yelling-Guy-Spot again. If it hadn't have been for my imagination, I think my stiff hips would have created enough of a mental block for me to have over a 12 min/mile pace.

5-mile split - 57:37
3-mile split - 35:53

Total 8-mile - 1:33:30

No comments: