It seems to be the re-occuring theme for me....run two miles...wait a week...run two miles...wait another week...
Last night I was motivated but had no accountability. Tonight I chatted online with Beth and there it was, accountability. I told Beth to check my blog because I was going to run after the kids went to bed. And I did (although it was tempting to stay in bed with William and fall asleep like I did last night. He's so cute!). But I had told both kids I was going to say goodnight and go run. Hey, they can be accountability partners too!
I finally finished watching "Hitch" during my last run so I've now moved on to "Raising Helen". After the two miles I walked a quarter mile to cool down.
Tonight was also our Lenten service so we didn't get to homework until later and thus bed time was later as was running. Plus, I putzed around updating our family calendar before running too.
Before church, the kids and I ate at McDonald's. I had the fried fish sandwich and fries. Do you know that McDonald's puts a nutrition label on the box!!!!! Look, I already know that the food is bad for me. Why do I need confirmation staring me in the face?!?!? Oh well. I do love fried fish. Although as far as fast food goes I prefer the Wendy's version over McDonald's. Although Wendy's doesn't come close to Haegan's (sp?) by Beth's house! Mmmmm....now I want more fish.
In other random, non-running news, the check engine light came on again in Roxy (my Pontiac Vibe). We just paid $500 for a new catalytic converter in January! That, and the fact that she burns a quart of oil every two weeks, makes me think Roxy's ready for retirement. Problem is, she's not paid off yet and we just bought a new car in October. Tell me again, why was I so anxious for my own car in high school and college? I really should get going on this whole running thing. I may be running to work!
2 comments:
Yeah!!
I'm proud of you for running! :)
I wish I had the knees to get out and run when the weather gets warmer. Guess I'll just have to settle for walking the dog and, maybe, hitting the elliptical at the gym.
Post a Comment