As I've already posted, I'm in a new department at work. The man who's job I filled will officially retire on Friday. Today he sent out his farewell email in which he wrote, "As I look over the years, I've come to the realization that in spite of the challenges, at times life is a marvelous adventure isn't it!"
His statement has stuck with me all day today. This man is the most eccentric, goofy man I have happened to meet. His oddities are legendary in this new group of mine. Any comparisons of me to him may take the tone of me being the improvement, but the group truly seems endeared to the spacey, groovy guy who used to occupy my cube. And while I'm not in any hurry to mimic all of his unique ways, he hit the nail on the head with his observations about life.
Life is messy. It's complicated. It's a knock-down, drag-out dance that sends you crying to your Momma at times. But I would rather have danced than sat any of it out. It's about saying "hell yeah!" and trusting your instinct. That's what makes it an adventure. Adventures aren't about knowing where you'll end up, they're about discovering who you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment