Thursday

Ugh! Chicago! [shake my fist]

This was the year. MY year. Lakefront Marathon followed by the Chicago Marathon the next weekend. My chance to qualify for the Marathon Maniacs and run one of the majors. But Chicago...Chicago! Registration opened and I was ready. However the site was having problems and kept kicking me off. The organizers suspended the registration with only 15,000 spots remaining. For two weeks the site was down. Two weeks! Today was the day designated for the update. At 3 p.m., when they said they would make their announcement, I was ready again. But Chicago...Chicago! Chicago decided to "be fair" and wait another week to reopen registration. Here's the kicker though, runners will be chosen based by lottery. Ugh! Chicago! I will enter the lottery next week. At least I don't have to pay to enter the lottery. By Tuesday, March 12, I should know whether or not I made the cut. Commence impatience.

Chicago... [shake my fist]

No comments: