Three miles on the treadmill (AKA dreadmill) today was more mentally challenging than 10 miles outside on Saturday. What do I think about on the treadmill? Fractions. I think about fractions. My treadmill has an oval "lap" for each quarter mile. I ran three miles so that is 12 laps. After each lap, I made a mental note of how far I had run. If the fraction needed to be reduced, I reduced accordingly. See how maddening a run on the "dreadmill" can be?! Fractions!!! I don't even like math!
I did spend some time thinking about the snow that was falling outside and how much I enjoyed watching it at lunch today. But the monotony of a run on the treadmill got to me and back to fractions I went. I would have much rather dwelled on my thoughts of a lunch break in the snow, but maybe I would have been felt too serene, lost focus, and eventually have fallen off the treadmill. I'll wait until bedtime to enjoy those peaceful thoughts. :)
1 comment:
Dreadmill! I love that! It's so true! Went for a run for the first time in many months today and it was awesome! Hugs to you!
Post a Comment