Tuesday

September 2, 2008 - 4 mile run

Holy cow! It's September! When did that happen??? I remember being little and thinking it would take forever to get from my birthday to Christmas and back again. Now I'm thinking the months are flying past! If only I knew then to enjoy my childhood. At least I know now I guess!

Anyhow, I ran 4 miles this morning. And I really, really, really wanted to stay in bed. Actually, I did wake up later than planned and toyed with the idea of running this afternoon at work. Until I watched the weather and it called for 92 degrees Fahrenheit at 5 p.m. Forget that! So I got up. I wanted to run my 5 miles today too because it's so nice to save the shortest distance for Thursday, but in the interest of time I had to opt for the 4 miles. I was in panic-gotta-get-done mode and I think I started out pushing it too much. So naturally I was dying the last 2 miles. And by dying, I mean, have to mentally push myself to keep going. I've really been fighting the urge to just stop running all together. But I enjoy it, so I don't. I just don't enjoy getting up early. For tomorrow and Thursday's run, I might run in the late afternoon which will be a nice change. I'll still get up at the same time in the morning so I can get to work earlier, but I won't have to roll out of bed and go exert myself. We'll see how that pans out. Really what's gumming up this whole adventure is the whole "work" thing. Stupid bills that need to be paid.

Total time to run 4 miles - 45:11 - not to shabby for this reluctant runner.

1 comment:

Bethie said...

I keep asking God to make me independantly wealthy so I don't have to work. Apparently, he seems to have a better plan for me :)

I don't know how you do the morning runs...I just can't seem to get myself out of bed that early on my own! Kudos to you!