Thursday

September 4, 2008 - 5 mile run

Have you ever been driving in the pouring down rain and you see that lone person out running despite the rain? And you think, "man, that person's crazy!" Well, tonight that person was me. I ran my 5 miles in 57:06. Running around puddles when I could. Mainly running through them because they were unavoidable. I was soaked from head to toe. My shoes are currently in the dryer, my clothes hanging in the bathroom. But it was a good run. I needed to run in the rain. I ran without the ipod. I needed to feel the rain and the weight of my drenched clothes, listening to nothing but the cars, the rain, my shoes on the pavement, and the sloshing through the puddles. I needed it for me. Today's run was more than just 5 miles. It was a reminder that in life, rain is going to fall. And we don't have much choice in that. We do have a choice in what we do when it rains. I choose to keep running.

1 comment:

Bethie said...

I LOVE running in the rain. It might just be my favorite running weather. Especially warmer rains like today. I was sad that all my training runs were done for the week! I'm glad you had a good run!

BTW--Shoes in the dryer isn't the best idea...it can break down the cushoning. Try balled up newspaper in the shoes. You may have to change it a few times, but it works really well.

Good job!