After quite the hiatus, I finally worked out today. And what a doosie of a day!
Late morning there was a 5K fun run at my work. Hooray for free "races" and new water bottles! I finished the 3.1 miles in 33:55. I broke out of my comfort zone and actually paced with another woman, Susie. She was running my pace just slightly ahead of me. So I caught up after a half a mile of debating with myself and asked if I could pace with her. Turns out, she was very glad I did because she ran the whole thing without stopping. She said she would have walked if not for having someone to run with. Hooray for Susie!
The Goose Path was muddy. We had to divert to the soppy grass in some parts (including a "Beware of Gators" painted in the grass by a large puddle, funny stuff!). I was quite the muddy mess when it was all said and down. Especially since my shoes rub on my ginormous calves with my funky way of running. I kind of wish I had worn my old running shoes because now my shoes are quite the sight. Oh well! Gives me an excuse to buy some new ones I guess!
After running, I went mud and all to do a very abbreviated weight training for my arms. It was even shorter than I originally planned because 1. I was really muddy and tired of wiping of the messes I left (missed some...oops!), 2. time issues, and 3. I really needed a shower. It may have been cooler outside but it was muddy, drizzly, and humid. My should have coworkers thanked me for showering! =)
In the evening, Bethie and I ran our Wednesday run. We had 4 miles plan but also needed to eat. So, in the name of training, we ran 3 miles, stopped at IHOP (a waffle for Bethie; butterscotch pancakes for me) then a mile back to Bethie's. We finished in 48:36 This run was definitely a little harder. My legs were stiff because I'm horrible about stretching. Of course, the buttermilk pancakes with pecans, granola, butterscotch chips, caramel, and whipped topping definitely didn't help on the last mile. Fortunately I was running with Bethie who sang to keep my mind off my, well, my mind...my mental blocks and stomach. I think I'd do a double run again, especially with running buddies, but definitely with stretching in between (and easy on the pancakes...although those were yummy, I'd repeat them again). Of course, I won't be doing this tomorrow.
1 comment:
I'm just glad my singing didn't make you more sick! :)
Post a Comment