Sunday

May 31, 2009 - 6 miles

This evening's run was a nice run as well as a much needed run. Although worries, concerns, and cares still meet me when I return home. But for a small time, I am running. I listened to SuperChick today because their music speaks to me. Some of their ballads, in particular, are meaningful. I have to admit that I was tearing up during the first mile. But I reminded myself that there is "no crying in running"!
I also like that a good run can be time with just myself and God. Today I imagined Jesus running with me and He was dressed very 70s because it made me laugh to picture it and I didn't think God would mind. Try it. Go ahead and picture Jesus with a sweat band, 70s shorts, and socks up to his knees and try not to laugh about it.
I ran a 4 mile loop in 45:01, stopped for water at home, switched to Thousand Foot Krutch, then ran the remaining 2 miles. Total time for 6 miles was 1:08:42.

No comments: