Tuesday

May 5, 2009 - 48:27

Well, I'm annoyed. I was all set to run my first! four! miles! since last October's marathon. Sheesh! It's been a while. But, since I was feeling all motivated and stuff, I figured, why not throw it two hill loops too! The hill loop at my work is a mile loop and it takes about 10 minutes to run there (from my car) so I figured I'd get a hill workout it to help with my outside-saint-louis-marathon plus get ~4 miles in too. The run to the hill loop was fine. It was a gorgeous day for running. Warm enough for my racer-back tank (favorite) and to get some "awesome sauce" (i.e. sweat) but not torturous. Like I said, I got to the hill loop in about 10 minutes. Near-perfect. I looked at my watch and started the loop. It doesn't take too long to get to said-hill but as I was rounding the bend, I noticed something odd. Specifically, the hill was gone! GONE! What the sam-hill, or rather, sam-no-hill happened?! Apparently my work decided to level the albeit hill man-made but still! It completely undermines my hill workout plans for this marathon. The kicker is that there is still a path, although I couldn't get to it without jumping a construction fence. (...which would have been good training for the Warrior Dash...) So I turned around and ran for time (48:27) around campus. It still was a good run that didn't seem long and was actually quite enjoyable, I'm just sad they took my hill away. Either way, I'm confident I got in a 4-miler. And at least that's happy.

No comments: