Wednesday

May 20, 2009 - 2 miles...ugh

Well, today was a bust. Looking back I should have just taking this as a non-running day and been done with it. First of all, I did not weight lift at all today. Then because of drama with a friend and a series of emails yelling at him (don't get me started...and I know that email isn't the way to communicate frustrations...but hey, you complain/yell at me in an email, you better be prepared for an unfed/over-caffeinated/little-sleep woman to fight back!). So that put me behind at work. Next Matt called to say he had to work late meaning I had to cancel my run with Bethie (not at his demanding, he felt really bad about it. I heart my supportive husband). By this time I was behind in my lab work and I now wanted to try to run at work before leaving which meant I didn't have time to weight lift.
I left work later because of upset-friend-worrying-second-guess-of-yelling but when I called to see if I could pick up Isabelle later, I found out that her great-grandparents had to leave for a wake. I still ran, thinking I could get in 3 miles and run the 4 miles tomorrow. I decided to run the Goose Path at work, which is a mile loop. And it's a good thing because in the first mile I realized that I had calculated the timing wrong and only had time for two miles. I finished the two miles in 22:20.60, not shabby but I was pushing it because of the heat...not used to it yet (or ever). I figured I'd run another two on the treadmill at home and use my free weights at home. Yeah, that didn't happen. I got to Isabelle just fine, but she had math homework, reading homework, and a rough draft to write. Why again am I repeating third grade? Didn't I do this already? Plus, I had choir practice at 8:15 that I didn't want to miss but had to bring the kids with me. And supper and a shower were needed. Isabelle worked really hard in between blowing her nose (homework and a developing cold!!...poor kid!!) and we made it to the rehearsal. Isabelle played with the other girls, slowly escalating into uber silliness (grr) and William watched a movie on our laptop. We got home around 9:15, past bedtime and they both needed showers. Needless to say, when it was all said and done, I was way to exhausted to exercise (plus I had showered). I decided instead to watch TV and eat BBQ chips. Mmmm....I do like BBQ chips.
Now my dilemma is how to fit my 7 miles in this weekend since Matt is out of town and I'm playing in Saturday's service and singing in two of Sunday's? And will I be ready for 7 with how messed up my schedule is? Right now I'm thinking 7 miles Friday morning before work (yikes), then 4 miles on the treadmill either Saturday night or Sunday night. Hmm...we'll see.

3 comments:

Bethie said...

I could do an easy 7 on Sunday.

And I could run on Monday thanks to Memorial Day. :)

Bethie said...

ps...I don't like BBQ chips. Now, Stacy's Pita chips...that's dangerous!

SuperJuls said...

Hmmm, I'll see if I can find a babysitter. All my free sitters are out of town! =)